Saturday, June 27, 2009

Ryno Glass


My mom and dad went to the C.A.C in Temple, TX (where they've lived since 1976), and an exhibit from one of my Temple High School classmates was on display. Knowing I'd be interested, they sent me a few pictures of his glasswork, and I was blown away. Robert Rynearson (he was Bobby when we were in school) has become a top notch glass artisan. His pieces--organic and simple in form---have stunning color, and have gained national recognition, and were even showcased at the 2002 Winter Olympics. His studio, Ryno Glass, is located in a revitalized, downtown building in Temple, TX. They incorporate both blown glass and fused glass to create significant architectural and decorative works. Here are just a few examples of his work. His studio also creates glass tile and lighting. Check out his website to view his portfolio---you won't be disappointed!

No comments: