Thursday, April 30, 2009

UK Breed Show

I was looking at some pictures from the recent Deerhound breed show in the UK, and these two dogs caught my eye. The first, Ch. Gentom Peacemaker, I've been watching for some time now, as I love his graceful curves, and of course am delighted to see that his handler is a youngster. They've done very nicely together so far ( Best Dog at the UK breed show and Best of Breed at Crufts! among other great wins), so I have to say well done to his breeder, owner, and handler! The second dog is Greyfriar's Gillie of Beardswood. He also has a lovely outline and is nicely balanced, yet retains his masculine quality. It looks like he's got a wonderful coat too. Someday, I will definitely have to make it to that show!!
For now, though, I have to be content with our National, which is coming up in May in St. Louis. My own eleven year old daughter, Madolyn, will be showing her dog, Zoe, and we will also be bringing Valor and Nootka. Wish us luck! :)

1 comment:

devonrose said...

GO Maddy GO!!!!
xoxo