Tuesday, May 12, 2009

We are back, and with Wary Meyers!


We were at a dog show over the weekend, which is why things were quiet on our blog, but we are back now, and ready to share one of our favorites----- Wary Meyers Decorative Arts. This duo of husband and wife, John Meyers and Linda Wary, do all kinds of work from commissioned art and dog portraits, to custom clothing design and custom interior work. Initially, what attracted me to them was their dog portraiture, but once I saw everything else they did, I was hooked! Wary Meyers design aesthetic is a quirky kind of vintage, flea market modern. Ditching the NYC rat race, John and Linda moved to coastal Maine in order to live a quieter, more artistic life (moving from downtown Dallas out to the country, I TOTALLY understand). Here are a few samples:I LOVED the quirky, vintage look of this Golden portrait, and had to have it even though I don't even own a Golden!You know how I feel about bunnies, so of course I fell for this bunny and carrots painting.Here's a fabulous coat designed by Linda.A reading loft from one of the interiors they designed.A jewelry store interior that they did.And one of the many articles in which they were featured. This one was from Domino magazine.

No comments: